Monday, October 8, 2012

Girls of Summer IV

I went through many revisions of this one, but the one thing that stood out was the image of Mt. Baldy; it had been in every previous version of the logo, so I felt a sense of obligation to keep it there. I also started with a field design, but while I was initially happy with the beveled lettering and overall look, over time I really grew to not like this attempt:


Initial design with star at home plate.


Lightend up the silver and removed home plate star...

So - after many months and revisions, here's what I ended up with. The purple links to the city's official colors, while the mountains link to the view of Mt. Baldy which can be seen throughout the city (and the fields). The neon-yellow softball proved to be too much of a contrast, so to help balance the white and purple, silver was added to the design in various keystrokes and the stitching of the ball. The interlocking "RC" was based off of the RC used by the local high school and hopefully will be used for hats and coach's shirts (as they were using the RC cola logo for this).  


Off-hand, I should probably darken the purple more and remove the "RC" from the secondary. The mountain/ball design is strong enough to stand on it's own. I'll see about posting a revision later on (and later this week, not in 4 months!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment